Awards News - March 2020

Awards Manager here…

I’m pleased to report that I am now issuing WOTA Awards again. I hope the trend continues with Activators and Chasers alike claiming awards. There are no charges for these lovely awards these days - they come as a PDF via e-mail and you print your own. It’s very easy to claim them once you have done all the hard work Activating or Chasing. Here is what you need to do:

• Ensure your log is up to date in the WOTA Database so I may check your claim.

• Tell me which award you are claiming - there is no need to provide a list, as I check the database.

• If you are claiming an Activator Award tell me the qualifying summit, the date you made the qualifying contact, and the callsign of the first station you worked.

• If you are claiming a Chaser Award tell me the name of the qualifying summit, the date you made the qualifying contact, and the callsign of the Activator you worked.

I’m sure Reg, 2E0LDF will not mind me displaying the certificate he has just received for activating all of A.Wainwright’s North Western Fells. The photo was taken by our late and great WOTA originator, Julian Moss G4ILO (SK). Click the certificate to appreciate the lovely photo of the North Western Fells.

The list of Award Winners can be found at: AWARD WINNERS

Finally, congratulations to Sue Griffin G1OHH who wins the 2019 Fell Watcher Award and Reg Irving 2E0LDF who wins the 2019 Fell Walker Award. Both operators were awarded the same certificates in 2018!

73 Phil G4OBK
WOTA Awards Manager

2 Likes