Bowscale Fell etc

Hi,

Reg 2E0LDF and myself GM4WHA are going to be activating Bowscale Fell, Bannerdale Crags, Blencathra and Souther Fell on Sat 11th September.

I will be using 2m but if the weather is ok i will be trying 4m and 23cms from Blencathra.

I am meeting Reg at approx 0900 hrs local in Mungrisedale so my time for first summit is approx.

73,s Geoff GM4WHA

1 Like

Hi Geoff,

I should be on Lords Seat (Whitbarrow Scar) LDO-109 from late Saturday morning with my 5W FT1D and J-pole for 2m FM and my Ukrainian 23cm transverter for 1296-fm. There’s probably no room for either of my two 23cm Yagis but two years ago at the SOTA LD W/E event, I was able to make several LD-LD S2S contacts with just the ‘supplied’ PCB antenna.

23cm S2S for Blencathra-to-Whitbarrow Scar 42km?

73 Andy G8CPZ

Hi Andy,

It would be great to make a 23cms contact. I may try calling from Bowscale and Bannerdale Crags also just in case anyone is monitoring. I always use 1297.500 fm. I use an Alinco DJ-G7 handheld with its rubber duck which i bought brand new back in 2009. Up until now i have chased 36 uniques with this very simple setup. Lords Seat (Whitbarrow Scar) would be another unique if we are able to make contact.

Look forward to trying on Saturday.

73’s Geoff GM4WHA

I’ll try to get you from Silloth :+1:

Hi Steve,

Thanks, I will listen out for you.

73 Geoff GM4WHA