Clough Head ticked of the to do list

it must be 45 years since i last did Clough Head and thought it would be a good idea to go via the same route, i soon came to realise i’m not as fit as i thought i was

Clough Head

this path (road) often has lot’s of 4X4s driving up it but all quite to day

its now on to the open fell

Skiddaw in the distance

a good path to follow

after the sheep the path rises quite steep a round the corner before heading diagonally up the face
not a place to be in mist one slip and you would go a long way down

back along the path before it goes up

Great Dodd 2miles further on but no today i have already activated that one

looking back along the path i think the fell in the cloud must be Scafell Pike because Esk Pike and Bow Fell are to the left

the 3 metre roach pole with a RH770 antenna in side a piece of plastic pipe
i had contacts with the following
G0TDM
G6LKB
2E0MIX/M
G4WHA/M
M0DXT
M0KPW
M7BUY
G0HIK
GM3VMB
2E0XUP
GM4VFL/P on a south Scotland SOTA summit

Skiddaw

Blencathra

Thirlmere

Keswick

back to the car it doesn’t pay to be the first one to park because the next car’s leave you no room to get out, i thought all i would have to do was drive out but no i had to do some fancy maneuvers to did out

thanks to all chasers
73 reg

3 Likes

Hi Reg,

Thank you for the contact on Clough Head. I was not sure i would be able to work you but you were a good 56 to me in the center of Carlisle. I checked the terrain profile and it is a very good path to me.

Excellent photos as usual. When i did Clough Head with Derek alot of years ago now we did a round of 5 summits starting with Hart Side. The descent off Clough Head was rough as we headed towards Maggies Bridge.

Look forward to working you again.

73’s Geoff

GM4WHA

1 Like

Nice photos, thanks for the report Reg, on my list to do too!