Grasmoor,Wandope,Whiteless Pike & Rannerdale Knotts

WOW didnt I get the forecast wrong on this one…parking the van at Cinderdale car park and looking up at Lad Hows looked like it was clearing out. It was until half way up Lad Hows and the rain came in and made a miserable climb onto Grasmoor summit.
Things did not get much better until dropping down off Whiteless Pike and then all of a sudden Rannerdale came into view and blue skys. Did I enjoy it and will I be doing it again dam right I enjoyed it and defiantly probably be doing it a good few times more.
My watch stopped mapping my walk on Grasmoor for some reason but have added a strava map from when I done it in March this year…exact same route.
Thanks to all that worked me on the four summits and with the rain it maybe sounded all abit rushed but I do apologise.All 2mtrs fm and a C4FM contact with Steve m7xup on Rannerdale.

Grasmoor LDW-020 GLD/009
2E0LDF
M7XUP
GM4WHA
G6LKB
MW6KIO/P (Hema GW/HNW-053 Moel Tryfan )
2e0css

Wandope LDW-051
2E0LDF
2E0MIX
M7XUP
GM4WHA
G6LKB
GM1VLA

Whiteless Pike LDW-209
2E0LDF
2E0MIX
M7XUP
GM4WHA
G6LKB

Rannerdale Knotts LDW-209
2E0LDF
2E0MIX
M7XUP
GM4WHA
G6LKB

2 Likes

Hi Mike,

You did extremely well considering the awful weather you had on the first part of your walk.You looked wet when i think you were near the summit of Grasmoor!

Many thanks for the contacts. Whiteless Pike can be a bad one for me but when you went onto the Yaesu your signal improved greatly.Very surprised to work you on Rannerdale as it is a bad one to get out on on VHF.

I have walked quite a few fells in similar conditions to what you experienced today!!
I enjoyed looking at your photos. You cant believe how the day had changed in the last photo.These are fells i still need to do as an activator so it gives me some idea of the terrain.

73’s Geoff GM4WHA

Very moody pics, well done with all that - legend. In hind sight, one of us should have dropped you off after lunch and picked you up after - need to think about that for wet mornings!

73 Steve

hi mike
there should be an award for activating in those conditions you are more motivated then me i’m a fine weather walker
the photos are brilliant for conditions, i especially like the ones over Rannerdale Knotts and from the summit
73 reg 2e0ldf