High Raise Langdale / Sergeant Man: 23/04/2024

A few photos I took from a nice walk with Reg these were another two new ones for me . Weather was fine , a bit chilly on High Raise with good few contacts made on both of the summits . Be good to see Reg’s shots when he gets them processed.
Richard …

First Stop Ahead

Sergeant Man

2 Likes

Hi Richard,

Great photos with great views. Weather looked spot on as well.Thanks for both summits to.

73’s Geoff

GM4WHA

We weren’t sure whether you were /M or /A on the first summit as it was a bit of a struggle with the signal initially but looking at the contacts log must have guessed correct Geoff .
It’s the central most fell I’ve been up and what a view you would get of most other summits .
Richard.

I was /M on first summit. I was on the way back from home with John our cctv, aerial installation person as he sorted out 1 aerial point at home. We were on way back to shop when i heard you. I was near Asda when i worked you both. Thank you both for perservering!!

73’s Geoff

GM4WHA

some of my photos

1 Like

Great shots Reg!
The light was superb for showing the ruggedness of some of those fells. I bet the Coast to coast party were glad to see that pavement after their ascent up the side of that crag !
Richard

Hi Reg,

Excellent photos. You certainly had great weather! Which way did you go up?

73’S Geoff GM4WHA

Hi Geoff
map of route we took

we parked at Stonethwaite and followed the coast2coast path
the best thing about this route for me is the scramble up past Lining Crag, and now with the new path across Grenup Edge it is a pleasant walk where before you had to negotiate a bog

it is about 9mile walk there and back taking in Sergeant Man

73 reg