Illgill Head 27/03/2023

Just a few pictures from today . Never climbed this one before . Arrived a bit late at the top , I’d forgotten how long it took to negotiate that road down to Wasdale Head , it’s years since I was
there I was probably on a motorbike, too, and the ascent up the fell from that end of the lake was a bit more shall we say slow going than I’d anticipated or allowed time for , but we enjoyed the views and the warm Spring sun when we sat down . Thank you to everyone who called and nice to get Reg on his Wainwright summit LDW-183
Richard
2E0XGO/P

3 Likes

hi Richard
it was great to get you on Illgill Head i thought i had missed you
the photos are good especially the monochrome ones they have more impact. I think phil M0AYB has started a trend off

73 reg

I was a lot later than I expected Reg . We had to pace ourselves on the way up , it was a longer drag than I thought .
Yes the B/W photos give good sky contrast and can salvage a shot like the one with the sheep which was taken into the sun and looked washed out in colour.
Richard.

Its was nice to have contact with you on the 27th. Hopefully speak to tou again soon on the fells

Clive

M7OCB

Yes Clive, catch you again soon .
Should be out and about over the next few months .
Richard .
2E0XGO

Bizarrely we were at Wasdale Head for my birthday that day. We had planned to climb either Illgill Head or Scafell Pike but my daughter who is home from Uni couldn’t find her walking shoes and we aborted as it was clear there was no way it was going to work in her hockey shoes.

Ended up going to the pub and then went to the beach at Silecroft for a while. Still a nice day out, and hoping to get back there on a nice day before too long and complete the mission!

I mostly wanted Raine and Alex to see Wasdale valley and Wast Water as they are arguably the nicest location in the Lake District and they had never been there. Unfortunately from Windermere it is at least 1h 30 mins drive whichever route you take.

Mark.

It was a great day for it Mark quite warm and not much breeze on the top .
Nice day for a walk by the shore as well I would say.
Richard.