Kirk fell from honister pass

the wx was set to be good for sunday so i decided to go out i went early because we are now in to the idiot season of park were you like and to pot with common sense or the emergency services who may need to get by

only one space left so i was lucky to get in

the views down the lakes was poor with all the blue haze

GREAT GABLE on the left and my chosen fell KIRK FELL you can just make out the path to the left moses trod

the view down black sale and ennerdale

back along the path and Brandreth

Kirk Fell it was very loose rocky slippery step and hard going and worse on the return

i made the mistake of heading for what i thought was the top only to find it was about half a mile further on i could of gone round the high bit !!

Pillar on the left in the middle High Crag and High Stile

Wast Water

Pillar

Green Gable and Great Gable over the false top

poor visibility out west

the langdales in the distance with Seathwaite Fell and Great End

these two asked me which one was Great Gable and how to get there ??

Wast Water

a closer look at Gable i have spent my hour climbing on those crags

the path back up to moses trod again quite step and loose

on my way back the view is still no much better than early morning

Honister mine car park now over flowing

on walking fast the assembly point for the mine tour there was a guy with a hand held radio marshalling the tourist on to the bus i said to him my aerials bigger than yours everyone burst out laughing
it took me one and half hours to get home from honister the parking along the road was absolutely stupid no thought for any one it should have taken half an hour roll on when the muppets can go back to SPAIN
73 2e0ldf

3 Likes

Epic photos Reg nice to see the lay of the land…I didn’t realise the was a decent off moses before the climb onto Kirkfell…thought it was just a steady climb all the way, nice hike well done just a shame I missed you :+1:

Hi Reg,

Absolutely fantastic photos. It takes me back to when I accompanied Kevin and Lauren on the same route to Kirk Fell. Cracking views especially towards Ennerdale and Wastewater. Thank you for the contact.

73,s Geoff GM4WHA