Latrigg 4/11/2023

Nice Autumnal walk up Latrigg today. One I’ve never actually been up before .
Just took the flowerpot and the Yaesu 65 hand held .
Great to get the Wainwright to Wainwright with Reg and Geoff on Castle Cragg and Phil on Sale Fell .
Apart from on to Castle Cragg contacts were a bit of a struggle signal wise . I did manage to log John in Penrith G0TDM after his perseverance and same with Lee who was mobile . Unfortunately I failed to work Derek as Reg and Phil did from their locations.
Really enjoyed it .
Richard
2E0XGO

Working 2E0LDF AND G4WHA their summit can just about be seen in the shot at the far end of Derwent Water

2 Likes

Hi Richard,

Great photos! Thanks for the summit to summit. Weatherwise it was a perfect autumn day.

Look forward to working you again.

73’s Geoff

GM4WHA

Hi Richard

thanks for making the effort for a s2s, we should have taken torches or mirror’s it’s the perfect line of sight
and great photos i love the autum colours i took 90 photos on the day

73 and 73’s it you get the meaning Richard

Be nice to see the pictures you took .
Surprising the difference in conditions on summits within sight. Geoff commented on the lack of wind and I could see the clouds hanging round your area and how calm the lake was at that end . We had a constant cool breeze which was not too bad but saw the gloves deployed .
Funny how many stations seem to be able to guess your age right when it’s your birthday , I was up a summit on my last one and they all kept reminding me I was 59 !
Richard.

Good to catch you S2S on my titchy rig yesterday, Richard. We were more or less line of sight of course. Lake District looks fantastic in your last photo. We just need to Photoshop that mast out! 73, Phil

I need to do this one also and I am even working on the side of it…more good photos and another ticked off :+1: