Middle fell-seatallan and buckbarrow

it’s 40 years since i was last in wasdale and took a hour in the car over cold fell, the road seemed narrower than i remembered or it’s just that cars are getting wider ?

looking back from middle fell to the car park i am still the only car there

looking over to Scoat Fell Red Pike i had the summit all to myself for the activation but was joined by 6 other walkers when i was packing up to move on

it was a glorious day but not good for photos to the south east the sun made it difficult
the fells left to right a Red Pike --Kirk Fell --Great Gable–with Yewbarrow in the foreground Lingmell –
Scafell Pike and Scafell

plan b was to take in Haycock in the distance but the time taken would have put my in the Sellafield traffic on the way home

the walk over to Seatallan is usually a bog,
but was dry and the photo dose not show how steep a pull up it is
i got the second highest contact count on Seatallan ever with 25 made and a lot of them in to North Wales i could hear French stations quite clearly

on the way down from Buckbarrow i came across this i think it’s a monument to JOSS NAYLOR the fell runner ?

back down

the route taken
sorry there were more photos but they would not load i said they had to go to the cloud ? i think i will need to watch the fill sizes next time

3 Likes

Well done Reg looks a nice route with stunning views…great activation with good contacts to go with it :+1:

Good to get you on all three Reg. :slight_smile:

The Wasdale-facing fells are splendid of course, but do you think Seatallan is one of the dullest Wainwrights?! 73, Phil