Migration to cloudabove hosting complete

I’ve ordered the next year’s hosting for the wota.org.uk site with a new provider, cloudabove.com (who I highly recommend) so there will be some disruption as the site is moved over.

Please don’t log any historic activation or chase contacts now as they will not be transferred to the new system.

I’ll let you know when the site is stable enough to use again.

Regards, Mark. M0NOM

Just to add that this won’t affect discourse. I did an upgrade earlier today on discourse which affected it but all should be good now!

Cloudabove are tackling the migration on Monday, so hopefully it should all be sorted by Tuesday. I’m happy to let them do it for me, all part of the great service!

1 Like

Sounds great Mark.

How much data is moving across? Do you need any help testing?

Thanks for your good work.

Best 73, Simon & Nic

As far as I can tell, apart from the CGI-BIN SOTA CSV import process and some minor character encoding issues everything has been migrated now to Cloudabove.

If folk can check their own login and let me know if there are any discrepancies please?

I think the DNS updates should mostly be complete.

Regards, Mark.

You can tell you are on the new hosting provider as I have updated the COVID-19 message date to today, just in case there is any doubt.

Hi Mark,

All seems OK - I can log in fine and the various pages load fine. I think the site loading time is faster, but that could be me :slight_smile:

SSL Labs report is A+ too, so great work on the security side of things.

Cheers for now,
Simon

Thanks Simon.

It is safe to use the manual logging components now if you are entering historic contacts.

The SOTA CSV logging facility isn’t working at the moment, but I think I know what the issue is - there isn’t any underlying problems relating to the hosting, just need to get round to hitting the right nail with the right hammer.

Cloudabove did a great job, it can’t have been easy migrating such a mature codebase.

Regards, Mark. M0NOM

1 Like

OK, the golang cgi-bin scripts that support SOTA CSV file uploading are now working, together with the golang cronjobs that pull spots and alerts through from SOTA.

The one thing remaining is to add 2021 to various lists of years used on the php site so 2021 is actually an option!

M.

All done. Let me know if you spot a list that should have 2021 in it, but doesn’t.
Mark.