Photos of the mell fells with 2e0xgo

I asked Richard if he wanted to do the Mells Fells to get the the SOTA winter bonus before it ended on the 15th

at the moment my fitness is low but Richard is a lot like walking with Geoff GM4WHA happy to walk at my pace.Which is just as well because i must have stopped at least 6 times on the way up Great Mell

Richard settled down and ready to start

Clough Head on the left and Blencathra over on the right

Clough Head -Grasmoor-Grisedale Pike out to the west. All block me from chasing these from home

Great Dodd and Clough Head

Stybarrow Dodd with a good covering of snow

last look at Blencathra be for moving on
We made 5 contacts first was Geoff G4WHA/A–GIFVA Keith–2E0MIX Derek–GM4COX/M Jack–G7KSE/P Alex s2s on Knott G/LD-023 LDW-082

after a coffee in Richards car it was up Little Mell, i think i must have got my second wind has i did not find the steep lower section hard
the wx was looking threatening to the east and wind was starting to get up

Stony Cove Pike with a cloud on it, and i think it must be Thonrnthwaite Crag far left ?

it was all very atmospheric but the camera did not capture the rays of sun light that were coming down

Richard setting up his camera timer and and legging it over to me to get use both
we made 6 contacts G4IPB S2S G/LD-015 LDW-040 Grisedale Pike–G4WHA/A–2E0MIX/P–MM7MOX AndyS2S on GM/SS-087–G4OAS/M–G0PMJ

Place Fell
thanks to all chasers and Richard for his company it was great to get out on the hills

the equipment use
Richard had a Anytone mobile radio 10/25 watts and home made plower pot antenna

I had my ft25 handy 5 watts in to a mobile antenna up on 3 meter roach pole

2 Likes

Nice little fells. Great views from them too