Skiddaw WOTA Round maybe Monday 9 Oct

With three friends I should be walking this Skiddaw round on a weekday anytime soon. We are waiting for a dry weather forecast. Next Monday is a possibility, we will decide on Sunday. The route takes in:

1. Ullock Pike
  2. Longside
  3. Carlside
  4. Skiddaw
  5. Bakestall

It will be a light duty activation, smash and grab with a 5 watt handheld and RH770 whip. Hopefully will make QSOs in Cumbria and beyond.

Please keep an eye our for alerts the night before we travel. Departing Pickering / Kirkbymoorside 4 up at 7.15am/7.30am.

Phil G4OBK

73 Phil

1 Like

Thank you to Reg @2e0ldf for telling me about the A591 road closure. We are coming over tomorrow, Monday morning and the 5 walkers expect to be walking from near Peter House Farm, NY 248323 by about 10:00am local time. To get there I will drive up the west side of Bassenthwaite and through the village. I hope we can get parked in the spot I used when I climbed Bakestall with my XYL and Geoff Fielding (now M0PYG, not licenced then) from the NE in March 2011!

I hope to work a few WOTA chasers tomorrow. The FT-65 battery should last out on 5 summits. The radio was last used on the Blencathra round I did in July whe it did 5 summits.

73 Phil G4OBK

Hi Phil,

I will be listening from work in Carlisle tomorrow. Hope to get you on some of them.

73’s Geoff GM4WHA / G4WHA/A

FB Geoff, just about setting out when my friends arrive home QTH.

73 Phil