Some photos from Mellbreak walk with 2e0xgo

Richard 2e0xgo asked me if i would do Mellbreak with him. Lacking motivation to go out on my own i agreed

we took the steep right hand ridge up the scree

we met at the telephone box and walked up towards the Kirkstile Inn on a perfect morning for walking

Whiteside Hopgill Head and Grasmoor over Crummock Water

Lowswater with Low Fell to the right

after all the scree we now had a better path to the first top

sorry Richard you can put your gear back on this is not the summit

the true summit is still half a mile on through a boggy bit in the middle
behind is Red Pike and High Stile

Richard was using an antenna made by G7KSE Alex. We did manage to get in to North Wales GW1KGW Colin
M7BUY KEVIN
GM3VMB PETER
M0LLC/A LEE
G0HCE MICHAEL

left Great Borne-- Hen Comb–Gavel Fell --Blake Fell

Robinson with snow --Dale Head–Fleetwith Pike–Grey Knotts–Brandreth–GreenGable-- Great Gable and Buttermere Lake

after a coffee at the Kirkstile Inn we were back to the cars
Thanks to Richard for getting me out it was pleasant day on the hills

Whiteside and Grasmoor

3 Likes

Hi Reg,

What superb photos and what a great day weather wise both you and Richard had.

73’s Geoff GM4WHA

hi Geoff
it was a a bit like when we did Low Fell a pleasant morning in the shelter of the hill no wind, but on the top there was a cold breeze . Plan A was to do Hen Comb after Mellbreak but i had started we a cold the day before and did not feel up to it
if memory serves me right you need to do both, so maybe we will do them together some in the future
73 reg 2e0ldf

Hi Reg,

You are right, i have not done either so it would be good to them both at sometime. Great views form top of Mellbreak but i can see why it is not easy to get out on VHF. I did listen but could not hear you which was no surprise. I can hear Mellbreak from home ok.

It was a good decision not to do Hen Comb when you are feeling under the weather. I remember how i felt on Hopegill head.

Look forward to doing Grasmoor in Jun weather dependant!!

73’s Geoff GM4WHA