SOTA LD Weekend 2021

Just to mention here (thanks for the suggestion Andy @G8CPZ) that the SOTA Lake District weekend is on weekend of 11th/12th September 2021.

The highlights:

• (hopefully) lots of folk activating SOTA summits on the weekend.
  • lots of 2m/70cm traffic based on the previous weekend.
  • Lots HF activity from SOTA summits.

I’ve set a couple of challenges this time, if you want to setup on a WOTA summit that is not a SOTA summit, or chase from home, there is a one challenge that fits:

Lake District Lover

One for the chasers, each successful SOTA chase QSO with an activator on an LD summit, where you are not on an LD summit, will gain you the points for the LD summit being activated, all added together over the weekend. You could be located on one or more SOTA summits not in the Lake District, or at home for example.

You will of course see the activators alerts on the WOTA site being pulled through from the SOTA site.

Regards, Mark.

2 Likes

I’m here in the LD now for a bit of SOTA but on Sunday morning (12th) I’m going to wander up Hampsfell as it is within walking distance of the campsite we are staying on. I’m planning to use 2m and 70cm FM. I will post spots on this site and if time permits do a a bit of SOTA chasing afterwards. I will be using my new callsign of M0WIV.

This will be my first Wainwright. :slight_smile:

John

2 Likes

Hi John,

On Wednesday my wife and I did a lovely circular walk in very warm and sunny weather from Grange-over-Sands via Hampsfell summit. If you’re not been there before there’s Hampsfell Hospice at the summit. I have activated it for WOTA and HEMA from the top of the structure a few times. There are stone steps up the side and guard rails to stop you falling off. Great views and VHF take-off.

I intend to be on Gummers How (with 2m and 70cm FM) from late Sunday morning so a WOTA S2S should be no problem.

73 Andy

1 Like